We all know that working out is crucial for a healthy weight loss program but let’s face it: going at the gym, doing the same type of exercise daily can become monotonous and will even make us skip it sometimes.
Working out can be fun as long as we know how to diversify the types of exercises that we do.
The program is basically a 60 minutes work out and it is supposed to make us look ten years younger in just ten hours of exercise.
At the first look, Callanetics might seem very much alike aerobics, but the fact is that it is much harder, differing through slow pulsing movements and target moves. However, it’s one of the best ways to sculpt your body. Here is what you need to know about this program:
- First of all, you will need lots of space to do your exercises, like an empty room or a big hallway;
- The program starts with a light warm up. Don’t skip it. Remember that the whole program is based on powerful and repetitive super slow movements, so relaxing your muscles before is recommended, if not mandatory.
- After the warm up, you will begin with the abs exercises. As strange as it might seem, they are not based on crunches or other exercises that you used to do at the gym. This doesn’t mean that they are easier, not at all. Even if you are barely moving and the exercises repeat a lot, you will feel every move.
- The program continues with the leg and hip exercises, which include, among others, pelvic pulses and plies on your toes, the most difficult types of exercises that will tone and lift your muscles;
- The last ones are the but exercises, which are supposed to make our back look more round and peachy like, followed by a session of stretching and cooling down.
Advantages of Callanetics
- This method was initially created for people with back problems, such as scoliosis, so it will help you relax your back, strengthen your spine and improve you posture and body alignment;
- It can help you lose weight fast and remodel your body, a few sessions being enough to notice the results;
- It targets muscle groups, toning and working even the most difficult body muscles, like the inner thighs;
- You don’t need special equipment, using your own body as a resistance force.
Disadvantages of Callanetics
- The arms are not involved very much in this exercise program;
- After 60 minutes of working out, you heart rate can be elevated, so if you have a heart condition check with your physician if you can try it.
RSS Trackback URL 22. November 2010 (11:31)
Filed under: Fitness by Alice in Dietland