The cut down calories intake diet (or plan) is purely mathematics!
1 kg (2 pounds) of body fat has around 7800 calories, so in order to have a healthy weight loss of 1-2 pound/week you should reduce you calorie intake with 3600-7800/week. If we divide this by 7 it will result 514-1114, but let’s not get dizzy with all those numbers and stick to 500-1000 calories deficit.
I mentioned before how to set a realistic weight loss goal, so all you have to do is:
- get a scale and see how much you weight;
- multiply the number of pounds with 15 and you will get the number of calories per day that you need in order to maintain your current weight;
- from the new number subtract 500-1000 calories and you will have the daily calorie number you have to eat in order to obtain a 1-2 pound weight loss per week.
- the meal plan.
Here are a few tips that you should follow to insure your success:
- You should eat 3 meals and 2 snacks daily.
- Keep your diet simple, with dishes you already know. This will make it much easier to organize your meals.
- Eat slower. This gives your brain time to trigger your satisfaction feelings.
- Try to use variety in your meals. This will keep you interested.
- Drink plenty of water, 8 to 10 glasses per day.
- Don’t drop your daily calorie intake below 1200 if you are a woman or 1600 if you are a man.
- Exercise more and you will get to that 500-1000 calories deficit.
- Have a diet buddy. It’s always easier if you have a close friend to diet and exercise with you.
- Plan your meals 1 week ahead and remember the shopping rules!
- Weight your meal, because every calorie counts.
Me and my boyfriend decided that we have to take action and lose that fat or go shopping for bigger pants. We don’t like shopping, so we decided to follow the cut down calories plan. The diet started today. I will post the menus shortly. We plan to be on this diet for approximately 4 weeks and we will see how it goes after that.
RSS Trackback URL 12. March 2007 (13:02)
Filed under: Diets, Weight loss by Nessie