Even though eggs are a fantastic source of proteins, vitamins and essential nutrients, some say they contain too much cholesterol to be consumed on a daily basis.
Eating eggs each morning can be half benefic and half damaging for our diet.
As mentioned in a previous post they are great as breakfast, but how can we get rid of the extra cholesterol they introduce into our body?
Well, things are not as complicated as they seem.
Instead of eating whole eggs, choose to cook your breakfast with egg whites. Here is an example of an omelet with egg whites that I find extremely delicious and which can be adapted to suit your tastes.
Time of preparation:10 minutes
( for two servings)
- 6 white eggs,
- a medium sized tomato,
- a medium sized carrot,
- a few slices of sweet pepper,
- a mix of Italian dry greens seasoning (it contains rosemary, thyme, tarragon, basil, salt and red pepper)
- olive oil
- spray a frying pan with just a little bit of olive oil (you can cook the omelet without the oil if you want)
- slice the vegetables ( I prefer to slice them into large pieces except for the carrot which takes longer too cook)
- leave the vegetables for 2 or 3 minutes to fry in the pan and add the egg whites
- at the end season everything with the Italian mix
Simple and easy, isn’t it? I promise you this dish is very delicious, full of vitamins and almost no cholesterol at all. The best thing about it is that you can change the ingredients as you wish.
For example, you can replace the tomato and the sweet pepper with a thinly sliced onion and the carrot. Try it with your favorite vegetables and make your own recipe that will keep you energized until lunch time.
RSS Trackback URL 18. September 2011 (15:12)
Filed under: Recipes by Alice in Dietland