Even if you are on diet you can still dine out, it doesn’t mean your social life is over. Think that you could be on diet for months if you have a normal weight loss of 0.5 kg (1 pound)/week and a lot of extra-weight.
This is what you can do:
- Don’t arrive at the restaurant hungry – eat a piece of fruit or a serving of vegetables before you leave the house;
- Be careful of alcoholic beverages – alcohol often stimulates your appetite, and the calories can add up quickly;
- Decide what type of restaurant you will go to: Thai, Japanese, Greek, and Indian cuisines are often naturally lower in fat and calories than Mexican, Italian and French cuisines;
- Look for possibilities! Try replacing French fries with a baked potato. Request more veggies and less pasta, or try the vegetarian option on the menu;
- Don’t be afraid to ask the waiter for suggestions. Restaurants are interested in pleasing their customers, and will most likely accommodate any requests you have;
- Order a salad for an appetizer and fruit for dessert. Make sure to avoid the creamy salad dressings, and ask for the dressing to be served on the side so that you have control over how much is added!
RSS Trackback URL 18. January 2007 (17:06)
Filed under: Tips by Nessie