This is how the story of today starts: with explaining what important health benefits nuts have.
Also, it would be good for you to know why consuming them helps your body to function at its best.
Not many people know that eating nuts has the following effects:
- A healthier heart
- Lower ‘bad’ cholesterol
- Clean arteries
Basically, nuts are small packages of nutrients. All these nutrients improve some of the body’s functions. More and more nutritionists recommend raw nuts as snacks, no matter if you are on a diet or not. Their secret resides in the nutrients contained in their structure:
- Important amounts of unsaturated fats – with their help you fight a high LDL- low-density lipoprotein;
- Precious omega 3-fatty acids- they assure a good cardiac rhythm and prevent heart attacks;
- A dose of fiber – useful for preventing not just diabetes but also for controlling cholesterol levels. Also, fiber is the reason why nuts are perfect snacks: you feel full without eating too much!
- Lots of Vitamin E – they will prevent the formation of artery plaques thus maintain the health of your heart;
- Natural plant sterols -some nuts offer your body plant sterols, an element that keeps at a low level your cholesterol.
- An amount of l-arginie – this substance leads to more flexible and healthier arteries walls.
As you can see, the list of benefits is quite long and interesting. What you have to know is that, whether you are on a diet or not, nuts will do you good. In case of a strict diet, they can be your perfect get-away: tasty and simple to combine.
So, all you have to do now is to think of some summer recipes with nuts. Do you have any ideas?
RSS Trackback URL 3. July 2012 (15:21)
Filed under: Nutrition by Cristina P