Ladies, let’s get that fabulous legs by trying the… foot fitness!
Let me share few real ‘eye-opener’ facts why you should do it.
Did you know that women have about four times as many foot problems as men; most of them are caused by wearing high heels too often.
Besides that, our body weight can also contribute to tired feet because when we’re walking, the pressure on our feet exceeds our body weight, and when we’re running, it can be three or four times our weight.
Here’s an overview on few exercises which are proved to make your feet look stunning:
- Toe Stretches: make sure you sit in a comfortably position. Press down on the tops of the toes where they meet the foot to stretch the toe joints with your thumbs. Hold it for about 15 seconds and release it. Repeat this 5 times.
- Toe stretches using Pedicure Pads: for this exercise, you will need a pair of pedicure pads or anything which can help you stretch the toe and arch muscles. Using the pads, stretch the toes apart. The exercise is about wearing the pads around the house, while you’re walking barefoot to cue the toes to spread and stretch. You might do this 2-3 times a week, or daily.
- The Towel pick-up exercise: you just need to sit comfortably and place a towel in front of your feet. Now, try to grip the towel with both your feet. Once you‘ve done that, raise both your feet from the ground and stretch your legs in the air for about 10 seconds. Repeat it 5 times.
- The Small Object Pick-up exercise: place a mug and put cotton buds, marbles or pencils near it. Now, try to grab the pencils once by one, with your toes and drop them in the mug. The same repeat 5 times.
- Toe Pedals: Standing, pull yourself along the floor using just your toes.
To relax afterwards, massage your feet gently with peppermint lotion! I guarantee it will take freshen up and make you feel as new!
Wise tip: pick your shoes wisely! Certain shoes may cause blisters or even corns or callouses. Besides that, wearing tight shows can lead to bunions, neuromas and hammer toes. Feet can mirror your general health status, as a lot of severe health conditions show their initial symptoms in the feet.
Our feet look the same, but one is usually slightly larger than the other, so make sure you buy just the right shoe size that fits the larger foot.
RSS Trackback URL 14. February 2011 (10:07)
Filed under: Fitness, Tips by Rio