You know you have some extra pounds that you need to shed off, you know it is not healthy for you to stay at this weight and you know you need to make some changes ASAP!
But how do you get ready for a weight loss diet?
Most people think they don’t have to do anything at all to get ready and that things will come naturally. Well, this is not quite true and it can turn out to be the main reason why the diet failed.
Mental preparation is very important because it is directly related to the motivation issues. And we all know that lack of motivation leads to lack of success.
Here are some things that can help you get ready for a weight loss diet:
1. Make sure you really want and need to lose weight. If you are not sure you should check this with your doctor. Moreover, you should check with your doctor if your physical condition can handle a diet. Your medical history is something you need to check before starting to lose weight. It is also important to stay in touch with a nutritionist to get guidance all through the diet.
2. Which diet should you go on? We all know that losing weight and being healthy is not the result of a simple diet, but of a healthy lifestyle. This is why a simple weight loss diet that lasts for about 2 or 3 weeks is not enough and might end up doing you more harm than good. But even if you decide to make a lifestyle change you still need to plan your diet before. So, gather all the information you need about what you should eat, what to eliminate and choose an approach that suits your needs best.
3. Understand that being on a weight loss diet is a full time job and not something you can do only four hours a day. Be committed to your initial plan and prepare yourself to avoid temptations. Don’t give up if you cheat from time to time. It is completely natural. If you think it might help you, tell your family and friends you are planning to start a diet. They can offer you the moral support you need and help you stay away from unhealthy foods and unhealthy habits.
4. Get rid of all the unhealthy foods you have in the house. With the temptations away you can concentrate on eating healthy. Go shopping for healthy foods. Make a list before you go to the supermarket and make sure you stick to it.
5. Decide on a workout routine. If you have a gym near the house or the workplace things can be very easy for you. Whatever you decide, make sure you keep working out. A diet without physical exercise is never successful on the long run.
I hope these tips can be useful for you especially now when many of us decide to start the New Year by making a lifestyle change for the better.
RSS Trackback URL 6. January 2012 (14:31)
Filed under: Motivation, Weight loss by Alice in Dietland